Monday, June 27, 2011

Yes, yes... quit the lecturin'....

I don't need YOU to tell me I haven't been writing; I can see it for myself.

But, truth is, nothing really exciting is happening / worth writing about right now. I'm in that dreaded 2ww I mentioned here, and so really it boils down to me trying to remain calm, relaxed and most of all... patient. All of that = pretty boring.

I was to start work today at the new job, but as some of you know I didn't. My procedure last week has left me incredibly uncomfortable (read = in a lot of pain yesterday) and I decided that it wasn't worth it to push things and feel bad. Instead I contacted the recruiter and indicated that, as I had feared, this was the reason I didn't want to start prior to the holiday anyway. He told me to rest up and he'd talk to the client and for me to plan to be in on the 5th. So far so good... it's almost 2pm and no call yet to say "they changed their minds about you; don't bother coming in."


So I'm back to waiting and trying to be patient and relaxed and (how's that workin' out for ya?) just making sure that when I do get there I am in tiptop shape and ready to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment