Thursday, April 7, 2011

TTC, 2ww and other fertility acronyms

This is by far the worst part of it all...
Worse than the testing, the needle sticks, the funky reaction to meds, the watching the tests and not having a warm fuzzy about it all.

2ww - The two week wait. What's more is the 2ww2ww... (or, in other words, four weeks).

I want to feel something, anything which tells me this all worked. But the meds create a false sense of "positive"... when I feel anything at all. You read all sorts of things including the concept of "well I just KNEW I was pregnant" and, feeling nothing, think "well... then I must not be." It's hard. Every twinge could be hope... or hope dashed. Each day I wake up with dread that it's going to be the day that things prove it didn't work... again.

And yet... LOGICALLY (because we all know how well I do that), I do know that I could have no symptoms at all. I might not even "feel" anything until WELL into the first trimester.

And so.... I have to wait. I have to wait until there is some actual evidence. A line on a stick; a blood test saying positive... the first sounds of a heartbeat.

And I can't bear it and everyone says to relax and not stress and stay positive.

IT'S SO VERY HARD.

But... wait I must. For good or ill. And just try to keep positive and hope and endure 2ww.

No comments:

Post a Comment