Friday, April 29, 2011

A State Of...

I've had a couple topics rattling around in my brain the last few days. Most notably, I happened on a link on FB which took me to *shudder* WBC's website. I HIGHLY recommend never going there, especially if you're trying to stay positive about everything. Because, honestly, there is so much hate spewed there that it made it really hard to see the world in any sort of positive light afterwards.

I may have had a crisis of my own faith lately. I may be frustrated and feel that my "lot" in life has become too much and is unfair. My faith in a God who takes an active part in our lives may be shattered... or at the very least, dwindled to feel that, for whatever reason, my life isn't getting any attention and all the answers to my prayers are "no" for some reason.

But, I do NOT believe that "God Hates..." anyone or anything.

The concept of a God of HATE is foreign to how I was raised... to what my heart wants to believe. And, if for some reason WBC would be correct in their hate-mongering ideas of God, well... I don't want anyting to do with Him anyway.

The world is pretty bad. And full of evil people. And evil deeds. Mankind is not living as Christ taught... and Christ taught LOVE. Not "love if..." or "love only"... LOVE. And I have to believe that, even if WBC were correct in the concepts of certain ways of living ones life are wrong and not condoned by God, that does not mean we HATE those people or deeds. We love them. We embrace them and pray for them. But, we do not hate them. We do not spread that hate and teach that hate.

And we certainly never say that God hates any part of His Creation.

Today is a day full of melancholy. There's a lot tumbling around in this little brain of mine and making me feel tired and sad and alone.

Stop The Hate. It's not doing the world any good...

2 comments:

  1. "Hate the sin but Love the sinner" Or something close to that. Really I'm right there with you. There is far to much bad sad or just plain tragic of late. It's hard to have faith and hold onto hope when there is so little proof. But I guess that's what faith is all about.

    HUGS to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If WBC is who I think it is, then they're out to make money by inciting people into violence and then suing the people and towns they invade. They do worse than spread hate; they spread hate for money.

    On the other side, people are uniting to keep WBC from being able to defile sacred moments for people. A group of motorcyclists stood right in front of where WBC was allowed to stand and waved flags and sang songs so the hate was drowned out by love and acceptance. Another town had a spate of trucks happen to double park in a way that the WBC people couldn't leave their hotel and the town's tow truck was busy elsewhere, but would get those double parkers ASAP, which happened to be after the funeral was done.

    There is love in the world. Unfortunately hate seems to get more press.

    ReplyDelete