Friday, March 4, 2011

My Greatest Weakness

Junk food. Fast food. "Comfort Food."

I know that I shouldn't be eating all these things... but I do; they make me feel comforted when I'm down. They don't, however, help me towards my weight loss goal or my healthier habits goal or my "if I want to be pregnant I need to start taking care of myself" goal.

But... some days (weeks) when I'm having a particularly bad time of it (pain, sick, depressed, frustrated) I just can't seem to find the willpower to avoid them. And then I binge eat bad foods - McD's, desserts, pastas covered in butter and salt, fried foods. And then, my brain feels better... but my scale (and sometimes my tummy) say otherwise.

And then I get into another vicious cycle... none of it would be so bad if I would exericese. But exercise hurts when I'm sick or in pain and makes me winded when I'm not (Catch 22 being overweight).

I need a way to break this cycle... but every time I think I've done it, I lapse back into the bad habit and get frustrated... starting it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment